Next Thing For New York to Ban: Flamethrowers. Wait, They Were Legal?
Some people feel the state likes to ban things. Well, it's time to mark one more item off your checklist. But this one has a rather weird reason. A "boring" reason.
NBC is reporting that the New York State Senate passed a bill Wednesday that would make possession of a flamethrower a felony. Yes, apparently it was recently legal to own a flamethrower in the state of New York
The actual reason has to do with a promotion by multi billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk's tunneling business. NBC says that in January 2018, Musk's The Boring Company ran an online promotion where it sold the 20,000 of the "Not-A-Flamethrowers" at $500 each in just a few days.
The bill raises concerns that Musk's promotion didn't offer any sort of proper training for consumers.
NBC says there are a few exceptions; flamethrowers built before 1966, and ones used for agriculture and construction.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie