Hudson Valley Teen Critically Injured in Moped Accident
The Hudson Valley continues to rally behind a teen who is fighting for her life following a horrific moped accident.
On May 25, Taylor Gabriele, 19, and another teen were in what's described as a "horrific moped accident" in Dutchess County. Gabriele and a 17-year-old woman were riding on Ridgemont Road when their moped collided with a brick pillar.
Gabriele, who wasn't wearing a helmet, was airlifted to Westchester Medical Center with extensive injuries to her skull, face and body.
An initial report said Taylor suffered multiple fractures of her skull, her jaw, chin a pelvis were broken, as well as other broken bones in her back and tailbone area. She also had a blood clot in her lungs and a brain bleed.
"Her pelvis was fractured, her skull and face required 20 titanium plates and she’s been heavily sedated for 2 weeks now and breathing with a ventilator. Many huge cuts and gashes that somehow didn’t hit a main artery. She is missing many teeth," her father wrote in a Facebook fundraiser to help pay for Taylor's medical expenses.
There was a previous Facebook fundraiser set up for Taylor but was taken down for an unknown reason.
According to Taylor's father, all the money from the new fundraiser goes directly to Taylor's bank account. You can donate by CLICKING HERE.
- Hudson Valley Teen Critically Injured in Moped Accident
- Turtle Snaps at Cop While Being Rescued in Hudson Valley Dog Park
- Hudson Valley Family of Parkland Victim Wants School Shooting Law
- Cadet Returns to West Point After Rape Conviction Overturned
- New Information About Hudson Valley Fire Chief's Fatal Crash
- Tick Carrying Deadly Brain Swelling Virus Bites Two Near Area
- Hudson Valley Diner Workers To Walk Red Carpet
- Hudson Valley Cafe Owner Killed While Protecting Animals
- Hudson Valley Man Fatally Shot, 2 Others Shot Near Dunkin'
- Food Plant Should Produce Nearly 1,000 New Hudson Valley Jobs