Hudson Valley Gas Prices Fall Ahead of Thanksgiving Travel
If you're getting ready for a long road trip this Thanksgiving, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the gas pump.
The Daily Freeman reports that the New York State and the nationwide average gas price dropped last week. This comes just in time for those gearing up to hit the road for Thanksgiving travel. The statewide average dropped to $2.69 per gallon, which is 1.6 cents lower from the week prior. The U.S. average fell to $2.58 per gallon, a 2.2 cent drop.
In New York State, the average price per gallon was also lower than last month, by 1.3 cents. It was also 16.3 cents lower than a year ago at this time. The Daily Freeman reports that the national average was 2.6 cents lower than last month, but 5.1 cents higher than this time in 2018.
While some local averages dropped, others remained constant. Ulster County's average gas prices per gallon dropped a penny from last week, bringing it to $2.60 per gallon. Greene County also dropped by one cent, to $2.69 per gallon. However, Dutchess County's average price per gallon of gas was unchanged at $2.73.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie