4 NYS Thruway Workers Injured After Tractor-Trailer Hits Vehicles
Two Hudson Valley residents are among the four workers who were hurt when a tractor-trailer allegedly failed to move over.
On Tuesday around 10:40 a.m., New York State Police investigated a multi-vehicle crash involving two New York State Thruway maintenance vehicles and a tractor-trailer on I-90 in Canaan.
The preliminary investigation revealed a tractor-trailer traveling westbound moved from the driving lane into a work zone and struck a Thruway dump truck with an attenuator, injuring two Thruway maintenance workers, police say.
The tractor-trailer went on to strike a second Thruway dump truck with a tar trailer, injuring two more Thruway workers, according to New York State Police.
The four injured Thruway workers, Brian D. Toniatti, 40, of Poestenkill, Lukas Poucher, 29, of Ghent, Jeremiah Case, 40, of Hudson, NY and Timothy J. Blake, 40, of Nassau, were all transported to Albany Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, Sergio Cojocaru, 48, of Philadelphia, PA, was also transported to Albany Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. He was ticketed for violating the move over law and several other vehicle and traffic law violations.
- Unvaccinated Children Banned From These Hudson Valley Locations
- Hudson Valley Lakeside Castle Owned By Yankee Legend is For Sale
- Cuomo Plans to use 'Dirty Tricks' Against Molinaro, Friend Says
- Hudson Valley Child Named NBA All-Star Finalist, You Can Help Him
- Reward Increased To Find 'Armed and Dangerous' Hudson Valley Man
- 90-Year-Old Hudson Valley Man Skydiving to Support Autism
- Hudson Valley Man Dead, Woman Seriously Injured Following Crash
- SP: Grocery Store Worker Arrested For Bigoted Remarks To Coworker
- High-Risk Hudson Valley Sex Offender Found Hiding Near Schools
- Shoppers at Hudson Valley Target, Supermarket Exposed to Measles