Best Dog Parks in the Hudson Valley
Are you just needing an excuse to get outside? How about grabbing your pup and head out to a local dog park? They sound great, don't they? A place where you can take your dog (in a fenced area) and they can be off-leash.
Now there are a few basic rules for dog parents to follow:
- Be realistic, some dogs are not cut out for the dog park.
- Most parks will require proof of rabies vaccination or that your dog wears their rabies tags.
- Check the hours of the park, before you head out. While most are dawn-to-dusk, there are a few that are open 24-hours.
- Clean up after your pet. Basic, yes, but you know that there are people that still just don't do it.
- Bring water for your dog. There may or may not be drinkable water at the park, this will keep you covered and your pet hydrated.
- Each park will have different rules, ie, some will allow kids under the age of 12, some will not.
- Remember that most of these places operate on very slim budgets and with the help of volunteers. If you can make a small donation, please do so.
If there is a dog park that you think we should include, please let us know. We will continue to add to this list as we get your recommendations.