Teen Gets Lost in Woods Mountain Biking in Hudson Valley
Officials from the Hudson Valley ended up finding a lost teen biker and two of his family members who were out searching for the boy late at night.
On Thursday around 7 p.m., the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation dispatch received a call from a mother reporting her 15-year-old son was lost mountain biking on Taconic Hereford Multiple Use Area.
The mom said her son was on the blue trail and that she was at the Pond Gut Road parking area waiting for him.
Although the mountain biker's cell phone was low on battery, dispatch was able to make contact and obtain coordinates of the hiker's location and advise him not to move as Rangers were on their way.
Prior to a Ranger's arrival, the father of the lost biker and another sibling began to ride the property in an attempt to find him.
Forest Rangers arrived and were able to locate all members around 10:45 p.m., according to the DEC. All three were escorted by Rangers to the trailhead. No injuries were reported.
- 2 Killed in Upper Hudson Valley Crashes, Others Injured
- Hudson Valley Prostitution Stings Leads to 14 Charged
- Former King, Queen of England Enjoyed Hot Dogs in Hudson Valley
- Officials Try to Eliminate Giant 'Horror Plant' in Hudson Valley
- Humongous Snake Falls On Top of Sleeping New York Man
- Woman Arrested After Hudson Valley Pot Farm Fire, Police Say
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Saves Pregnant Woman's Life