3rd Person Killed in Hudson Valley During Tuesday’s Storm
We now know a third person was killed during Tuesday's violent storm in the Hudson Valley.
On Tuesday around 4:45 p.m., the Ramapo Police Department was notified about an accident on Red Schoolhouse Road in the Village of Chestnut Ridge.
An initial investigation revealed a 2018 Hyundai was heading south on Red Schoolhouse Road, south of Garrett Court when during the course of a heavy storm, a tree fell atop of the vehicle, police say.
The vehicle's only occupant, the driver, an 80-year-old woman from Chestnut Ridge was transported to Nyack Hospital.
She later died from her injuries, according to police.
The accident is still under investigation by the Ramapo Police Department.
Two people were killed in Newburgh on Tuesday, including an 11-year-old girl from the City of Newburgh. She was killed when a tree landed on top of an SUV. A GoFundMe was formed to help the girl's family.
In an unrelated accident, a woman died after a tree landed on her car as she was driving in the Town of Newburgh.
Weather officials confirmed four Hudson Valley counties were impacted by tornadoes on Tuesday, one that traveled across the Hudson River. Other areas saw macrobursts.
- Multiple Tornadoes Touched Down in the Hudson Valley
- Child Killed in Hudson Valley During Violent Storm
- 1 Seriously Injured In Crash That Closed I-87 in Hudson Valley
- Gruesome Details Emerge in Murder of Hudson Valley Musician
- Former Beloved Hudson Valley Teacher Killed in Georgia
- 'Very Contagious Virus' Shuts Down Hudson Valley Diner
- Hudson Valley Measles Outbreak Spreads to Newark Airport
- Update: Teacher Found Dead in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley City One of the Most Dangerous in America