3 Ways Around New Tinted Window Law in NY
Ok, so you are not happy with the new law that says your car windows cannot be tinted as dark as you would like them?
The New York law that went into effect on January 1, 2017, that basically said for passenger cars that the windshield and side windows cannot block more than 30% of the light. This law also applies to the rear window of a vehicle if it has been classified as a 'passenger car' unless you have a side mirror on each side of your car.
Confused? If you have taken your car in for its annual inspection and your car does not comply with the law, you will be told.
Here are the reasons or ways that you can get around the law and get an exemption, keep in mind, these are all listed as medical reasons and you will need a form signed by your doctor. The link takes you to a PDH with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles.
Have you had to change your cars window tint because of this new law? Have you gotten your windows tinted since the beginning of the year? How do your windows look? How dark are they?
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie