Orange County Child Abuse Unit Arrests Town of Wallkill Man
Following a yearlong investigation, an Orange County man is in jail without bail after he was arrested for predatory sexual assault of a child.
The Orange County Child Abuse Unit recently announced the arrest of 34-year-old Robert Youngs from Circleville.
Youngs was charged with predatory sexual assault of a child, a felony, following a yearlong investigation stemming from a hotline call to the New York State Central Registry in 2018, police say.
Youngs was processed through the State Police barracks in Middletown and arraigned in the Town of Wallkill Court. Youngs was subsequently remanded to the Orange County Jail without bail.
An Order of Protection was issued on behalf of the victim. Police didn't release any details about the victim.
The Orange County Child Abuse Unit consists of police officers from the Orange County Sheriff's Office, The City of Port Jervis Police Department, the Village of Goshen Police Department and the New York State Police.
- Longtime Hudson Valley Movie Theater is Closed
- Popular Hudson Valley Bar Reopens After Filming of Movie
- Freezing Temperatures, Chance of Snow Forecast For Hudson Valley
- Democrats Gain Nearly 11,000 Voters in Hudson Valley in Past Year
- Local Farm Owned by Granddaughter of 'The Wizard of Oz' Producer
- Man Fatally Shot at Hudson Valley Restaurant, Shooter At Large
- Hudson Valley Man Gunned Down Near School, Suspects on Run
- Hudson Valley Fire Department Board Member Charged With Murder
- Popular Hudson Valley Bar Closed For Movie Filming
- Anti-White Supremacy Rally Held in Hudson Valley