NYSP: Pair Found on I-87 in Stolen Car With Child, Loaded Gun
Two were arrested for allegedly possessing a stolen car and a loaded handgun with a child in the car in the Hudson Valley.
Recently, New York State Police stopped a vehicle on I-87 in the Town of Plattekill for multiple alleged vehicle and traffic violations.
During the investigation, police determined the unregistered 2013 Hyundai Elantra was stolen out of Philadelphia, PA, police say. Police later alleged they found a loaded Glock 37 handgun in the stolen car.
The driver, Jeremy T. Hudson, 25, and passenger, 27-year-old Marlaina L. Lucas, were both charged with criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of stolen property, felonies, and endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor.
A 12-year-old child who was also in the vehicle was transported to State Police in Newburgh where she was turned over to the care of Child Protective Services.
Both Hudson and Lucas were arraigned in Town of Plattekill Court. Hudson was remanded to Ulster County Jail without bail. Lucas was remanded to Ulster County Jail in lieu of $15,000 cash bail or $30,000 bond.
- Winter Storm Watches Issued For Most of the Hudson Valley
- Business Abruptly Closes For Good at Poughkeepsie Galleria
- DA: Hudson Valley Man Watched Child Porn on Local Church Computer
- Foot of Snow Still Not Ruled Out For Hudson Valley This Weekend
- Longtime Hudson Valley Restaurant Suddenly Closes
- Hudson Valley City Among 'Most Dangerous' in United States
- These Children Have Gone Missing From The Hudson Valley
- Car Demolishes Popular Hudson Valley Deli & Pizzeria, 2 Injured
- Woman Fatally Struck By Car Walking in Hudson Valley, 1 Injured
- 1 Killed After Car Crashes Into Hudson Valley Business
- Hudson Valley Man Found Dead in Ditch
- Major Expansion Planned For Woodbury Commons