Kurt Russell Secretly Filmed Movie In Hudson Valley
An upcoming blockbuster movie starring Kurt Russell and more secretly filmed mostly in the Hudson Valley.
Last week, the first trailer for Crypto was released. The film, which is set for an April 12 release, features a young agent who is tasked with investigating a tangled web of corruption and fraud involving bitcoin and cybercrime in New York, according to IMBD.
The film stars Kurt Russell, Alexis Bledel, Luke Hemsworth and Beau Knapp.
NYUP.com reports most of the movie was filmed in the Hudson Valley thanks to state film tax credits and what was said to be a perfect shooting location in a small Hudson Valley town. The name of the town wasn't released.
The Facebook group Hudson Valley Casting also confirmed the movie filmed in the local area adding many Hudson Valley actors landed speaking roles.
“Crypto was filmed 95 percent upstate,” producer Jordan Yale Levine said to Inverse. "People aren’t as familiar with upstate, which is beautiful and aesthetically gorgeous. We have a potato farm, which is where Kurt Russell works. You would never imagine this is Upstate NY.”
The movie's trailer is below, can you tell where in the Hudson Valley the movie was filmed? Let us know in the comment section below or on Facebook.
- Investigation Continues Into Video of Cop Slamming Teen Girl
- Multiple Confirmed Cases of Measles Found in Another Local County
- Kurt Russel, Hemsworth Secretly Filmed Movie In Hudson Valley
- Large Reward Offered to Help Find Hudson Valley Woman's Killer
- Hudson Valley High School Wins State Championship
- Bill Would Ban Sale of Pets in Stores across New York