Hudson Valley Heroin Dealer Found With Retired Cop’s Gun
A Hudson Valley man who was found with a retired cop's gun and a lot of heroin is heading to prison.
In Ulster County Court, Willie Rodriguez of Kingston was sentenced to 13 years in state prison for his conviction of criminal possession of a weapon and 5 years in prison for criminal possession of a controlled substance. The sentences will run concurrent.
On Dec. 22, 2017, police learned the location of two reported stolen handguns. Days earlier, Town of Saugerties Police reported that two handguns, ammunition, a police shield, police identification and other items were stolen from a vehicle belonging to a former Saugerties Police Chief.
Following an undercover investigation at a home on Livingston Street in Saugerties, police recovered the stolen handguns and arrested three people, Rodriguez, Skylar Eichert and Gina Julian.
In August, an Ulster County jury determined Rodriguez purchased one of the stolen weapons and possessed 120 bags of heroin with the intent to sell.
- Hudson Valley Celebrity Couple Rescues 'In Love' Donkey & Emu
- I Love New York Logo Created By Hudson Valley Man
- Hudson Valley Special Needs Student Wins $28 Million in Rape Case
- AMBER Alert: Child Abducted, Likely Traveling Through Hudson Valley
- Mid-Hudson Civic Center Is Being Renamed, Revitalized
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Killing Family Member Wanted By FBI
- Hudson Valley Man, 2 Teens Charged With Murder
- Exotic Tick Which Spreads Deadly Disease Found In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Pleads Guilty Following School Shooting Threat
- 7 Arrested in Hudson Valley Prostitution Bust