Flu Continues to Spread in Hudson Valley, New York at Rapid Rates
Doctors warn the flu is continuing to spread across the region at alarming rates.
Influenza activity level has been categorized as geographically widespread in New York State, for the fifth straight week, according to the New York State Department of Health.
There were 9,211 laboratory-confirmed influenza reports, a 74 percent increase over last week. The previous week saw a 62 percent increase in confirmed cases of the flu in New York.
The number of patients hospitalized with laboratory-confirmed influenza was 1,387, a 119% increase over last week. There were no influenza-associated pediatric deaths reported this week. There has been one influenza-associated pediatric death reported this season
Every Hudson Valley county had at least one confirmed case of the flu during the past week.
Below are the confirmed cases of the flu in each local county:
Westchester County: 465
Rockland County: 172
Orange County: 157
Sullivan County: 56
Dutchess County: 41
Putnam County: 19
Ulster County: 12
- Snow in the Forecast For Hudson Valley This Week
- Legal Weed in New York Takes Major Step Forward
- NYPD Cop From Lower Hudson Valley Resigns After 'Racist' Attack
- Flu Continues to Spread in Hudson Valley, New York At Rapid Rates
- $20.6 Million Investment Should Save 4,000 Acres in Hudson Valley
- New York Giants Gives Newburgh School Large Grant