1 Dead After Car Chased By Cops Crashes Into Hudson Valley Home
A high-speed chase between a Lexus and police in the Hudson Valley ended after the Lexus crashed into a home, killing one person.
On Thursday around 12:50 a.m., Middletown police tried to pull over a 2000 Lexus GS 300 for an alleged traffic violation, however, the Lexus fled, police say.
Witnesses told Rockland Video they noticed a Middletown police car chasing a black Lexus at a high rate of speed on Fulton Street in the city of Middletown.
The chase continued onto Academy Avenue and then onto Sterling Street, a small road lined with homes.
On Sterling Street, the car went off the road, hit a telephone pole, drove up onto the sidewalk and crashed into the house at 8 Sterling Street.
The crash took down the porch overhang. The severely damaged car was seen early this morning touching up against the home.
The driver of the Lexus, a 35-year-old man was pronounced dead on the scene. He was the only person in the Lexus, police say. His name and hometown haven't been released but a witness told Rockland Video the driver is often seen in the Middletown area.
An autopsy will be scheduled by the Orange County Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the exact cause of death. However, according to Middletown police, it appears that the 35-year-old wasn't wearing his seat-belt.
Any witnesses to the incident are encouraged to contact either the Middletown Police Department at (845)343-3151 or the New York State Police at (845)344-5300.
No one was else was injured.
- Car Chased By Cops Crashes Into Hudson Valley Home, 1 Likely Dead
- Police: Man Dies Retrieving Items From Burning Hudson Valley Home
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Scalding 2-Year-Old
- SLA: 4 Hudson Valley Businesses Sold Alcohol to Minors
- DEC: Hiker Falls, Slides 40 Feet Down Popular Hudson Valley Falls
- Hudson Valley Woman Found Dead in Local Hotel Room
- Justin Bieber Engaged to Girl From the Hudson Valley
- Potentially Fatal Insect-Spread Virus Confirmed in Hudson Valley
- Pet Owner Abandons Dog in Hudson Valley With No Food, Water