Two $1 Million Winning Scratch-Off Tickets Sold in Hudson Valley
Two women from the Hudson Valley recently each won $1 million on scratch-off tickets sold in the region.
On Tuesday, a Columbia County woman became the New York State Lottery's newest Lottery millionaire. Pamela Miles of Ancramdale won her $1 million jackpot prize on a Holiday Lucky X50 scratch-off ticket.
Miles purchased her winning ticket at J’s Millerton Market/Gulf Express on Route 44 in Millerton, Dutchess County. Miles opted to receive her prize as a one-time lump sum payment totaling $671,800 after required withholdings.
“I plan to use the money to pay off my bills, go on a vacation and put some into savings,” Miles told the New York Lottery.
A Westchester County woman also recently won $1 million from the New York Lottery. Just before the New Year, Cheryl Murray of Mamaroneck won her $1 million jackpot prize on a Triple Stars scratch-off ticket.
The winning ticket was purchased at the SK Variety on Mamaroneck Avenue in Mamaroneck. Murray decided to receive her prize in 20 annual installments of $50,000 before withholdings. She will receive a net check totaling $33,590 annually and $671,800 after her 20 installments.
“Winning the Lottery is a little scary to be honest,” Murray said to the New York Lottery. "I plan to use the money to pay off bills."
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant to Reopen at New Location
- 32 'Neglected and Abused' Animals Rescued From Hudson Valley Farm
- Hudson Valley Internet Service Provider May File for Bankruptcy
- Around 30 Hudson Valley Businesses Closed During the Past Year
- Hudson Valley Woman's Reaction to First Paycheck is Priceless
- Man Claims To Find Large Mice Under Seat at Hudson Valley Cinema
- Lower Hudson Valley Woman Found Dead in U-Haul in California
- Viral Video Alleges Police Injured Hudson Valley Student