Quick-thinking local officials are credited with saving a Hudson Valley man's life who was found not breathing at a motel.

On Saturday around 6 p.m., the Town of Wallkill Police Department received a request for emergency medical services about a male not breathing in room 112 of the Super 8 Motel on Route 211 in Wallkill.

Wallkill officers Brian Levy and Christine Kohlberger arrived on the scene and say they found a 31-year-old from Monroe unconscious in the motel room bathroom.

As they were preparing to give the man Narcan, a medicine that is proven to reverse the effects of a heroin overdose, Jackie Griswold and Cecil Hunter from the Town of Wallkill Volunteer Ambulance Corp arrived on the scene.

Working together, the group nasally administered two doses of Narcan to the Monroe man. Within a brief period, the 31-year-old regained consciousness and was transported Orange Regional Medical Center. The unnamed man was treated and then released.

In related news, A local police officer is being hailed for saving at least eight people’s lives this year.