Father Pleads Guilty to Role in Son’s School Shooting Threat
A Hudson Valley father pleaded guilty to his role in his son's school shooting threat. Both were found with a host of dangerous weapons after the teen allegedly made a terrifying social media post.
On Wednesday in Ulster County Court, Bruce Chargois of Saugerties pleaded guilty to tampering with physical evidence, a felony.
Chargois was arrested by members of the Town of Saugerties Police Department in February after an investigation into Instagram posts made by Bruce Chargois’ son Connor.
Connor’s posts expressed his envy for Columbine High School shooters Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold. Connor was a student at Saugerties High School at the time he made the posts.
The post, which can be seen by CLICKING HERE, was shown to a teacher at Saugerties High School. The teacher brought it to the attention of the school administration, who brought it to the School Resource Officer.
Chargois later confessed he wrote the note, police say.
During the investigation, police seized several rifles, including an Uzi machine gun and an AR-15 assault rifle, from Bruce Chargois’ business, according to police.
Police say Connor Chargois manufactured the guns in the basement of the Chargois home. On Friday, Connor pleaded guilty to one count of criminal possession of a weapon.
Bruce Chargois confessed he removed guns from his home and drove them to his work in an effort to prevent police from finding the guns.
- Hudson Valley Celebrity Couple Rescues 'In Love' Donkey & Emu
- I Love New York Logo Created By Hudson Valley Man
- Hudson Valley Special Needs Student Wins $28 Million in Rape Case
- AMBER Alert: Child Abducted, Likely Traveling Through Hudson Valley
- Mid-Hudson Civic Center Is Being Renamed, Revitalized
- Hudson Valley Man Accused of Killing Family Member Wanted By FBI
- Hudson Valley Man, 2 Teens Charged With Murder
- Exotic Tick Which Spreads Deadly Disease Found In Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Teen Pleads Guilty Following School Shooting Threat
- 7 Arrested in Hudson Valley Prostitution Bust