De Niro, Pacino + Pesci Spotted at Popular Hudson Valley Ice Cream Shop
A number of Hollywood A-listers were spotted at a Hudson Valley ice cream shop. The big question: why?
In a Facebook post that has been shared nearly 700 times, Tom Lyons posted photos to the Facebook Group “The Hudson Valley in pictures” that shows Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci and Martin Scorsese at Weir's Ice Cream in Salisbury Mills.
The Orange County ice cream shop has rave reviews on yelp, but the Hollywood stars weren’t there for the desserts. Weir’s actually closed for the season after Labor Day. It appears the group were filming their upcoming movie “The Irishman.”
“They are filming a mini golf scene there. The set crew has been building a mini golf course for over a week,” Amy Brueckner wrote on Facebook.
IMDB confirmed the movie filmed at Weir’s. According to IDMB, a lot of the movie was filmed in the Hudson Valley. Other local filming locations include, Orange Top Dinner in Tuxedo, Ralph’s Motor Repairs in Washingtonville, Callahan-Nannini Shale in Blooming Grove and Lafayette Avenue in Suffern.
The Irishman will be released on Netflix. The film is based off the book, "I Heard You Paint Houses: Frank ‘The Irishman’ Sheeran & Closing the Case on Jimmy Hoffa," by Charles Brandt.
The film is centered around a mob hit man, played by De Niro, who confesses to killing Jimmy Hoffa, played by Pacino. Scorsese directs the movie which is already getting Oscar buzz. No release date has been announced.
- NYPD Cop From Hudson Valley Exposed Self to 2 Young Girls, Police Say
- Hudson Valley Man on Heroin Drove 120 MPH on 84, Hit Officer
- Hudson Valley Teens Crash Multiple Cars After Breaking Into Repair Shop
- High-Risk Virginia Sex Offender Now Living Near Hudson Valley School, Nursery
- Police: Woman Drove Over 120 MPH on Taconic in Hudson Valley
- Police: 14 Arrested For Selling Heroin in Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley