Cuomo Set to Become Highest Paid Governor in United States
Gov. Andrew Cuomo is getting a pay raise which will make him the highest paid governor in the nation.
Early Monday morning, New York lawmakers, voting mostly along party lines, approved the raise for the governor. The Senate approved the raise in a 35-24 vote while the Assembly voted 92 to 46 in favor of the pay raise, according to the New York Post.
Cuomo made $179,500 in 2018. His salary will jump to 200,000 in 2019, $225,000 in 2020 and $250,000 in 2021. California's governor is currently the highest paid governor in the nation, making $202,000, the New York Post reports.
Do you think Cuomo deserves to become the high paid governor in the United States?
- Gigantic Indoor Waterpark Ready to Open in Hudson Valley
- Cuomo Set to Become Highest Paid Governor in United States
- Teen Arrested For Alleged Fake Hostage Situation in Hudson Valley
- 3 Men Accused of Running Grandparent Scam in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Woman Arrest For Arson Following Apartment Fire
- Is a 'Midweek Nor'easter' Going to Impact the Hudson Valley?
- Hudson Valley Police Officer Dies Unexpectedly
- Hudson Valley Woman, 2 Dogs Killed in Fire
- Helicopter With 6 Aboard Crashes in Hudson Valley
- Fatal Tractor-Trailer Accident Closes I-87 For Hours
- Hudson Valley Man Sentenced For Nearly $1 Million Scheme