America’s Best Pizza Comes From…Connecticut?
For the second year in a row, New Haven, CT’s legendary Frank Pepe’s has been named as America’s best pizza. The editors at the Daily Meal have conducted another study, as 78 of the leading pizza experts sampled over 700 pizzas from restaurants nation wide. These are their votes. Connecticut beats out New York? Take a look at the FULL list HERE and decide for yourself. Any Hudson Valley spots you’d be willing to nominate?
The Top 10 Pizzas in America
1. Frank Pepe’s, New Haven, CT (White Clam Pie)
2. Di Fara, Brooklyn, N.Y., NY (Di Fara Classic Pie)
3. Pizzeria Bianco, Phoenix, AZ (Marinara)
4. Roberta’s, Brooklyn N.Y., NY (Margherita)
5. Sally’s Apizza, New Haven, CT (Tomato Pie: Tomato Sauce, no cheese)
6. Pizzeria Mozza, Los Angeles, CA (Squash blossoms, Tomato, Burrata Mozzarella, Tomato Sauce)
7. Flour + Water, San Francisco, CA (Margherita)
8. Totonno’s, Brooklyn, N.Y., NY (Margherita)
9. Paulie Gee’s, Brooklyn, N.Y., NY (Regina)
10. Tony’s Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco, CA (Margherita)
Subscribe to WPDH on