Police Save Suicidal Student on Top of Hudson Valley Water Tower
Local police helped a suicidal student who was threatening to jump off a Hudson Valley water tower.
On Sunday, New York State Police assisted a Bard College student during a crisis situation in the village of Tivoli. Around 4:45 p.m., troopers were dispatched to the village of Tivoli water tower for a suicidal person.
State Police crisis negotiators were then called to the scene and were able to successfully convince the college student to come down from the water tower.
After being safely taken into custody the student was transported to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital by Northern Dutchess Paramedics. The student's name, age and gender weren't released.
The State Police were assisted by the following local fire departments and specialized rescue teams: Tivoli Fire Department, Northern Dutchess Paramedics, Arlington Rope Rescue team, City of Poughkeepsie Rescue 1, and the Lagrange Fire Department.
- 'Horror Plant' Causes Blindness, Burns Found in Hudson Valley
- Police Save Suicidal Student On Top of Hudson Valley Water Tower
- Police: Missing Hudson Valley Teen Found in Stolen Car
- Dutchess County Police Save Dog Trapped Under Shed
- Hudson Valley Vietnam Vet Arrests Man Who Stole Military Tags
- West Point Grad Among 2018 'Women of the Year'