Police: Drunk Hudson Valley Man Found In Stolen Jeep
A drunk man was arrested in a reported stolen Jeep after the owner noticed his Jeep driving past him.
On Saturday, State Police from Liberty were contacted by a homeowner in the Town of Thompson who reported that while heading to his home on Old Ryan Road, he noticed what appeared to be his 2004 Jeep heading in the opposite direction.
When the man got home, he learned that his Jeep was in fact stolen.
State Police responded to investigate. A short time later, two Troopers patrolling Cold Spring Road outside of Monticello observed the Jeep heading towards Forestburgh.
The vehicle was stopped and the driver, Daniel Price, 28, of Monticello, was placed under arrest.
Not only was Price driving in a stolen car, but he was drunk at the time of his arrest, police say.
Price was charged with burglary, grand larceny, driving while intoxicated and criminal possession of stolen property, all felonies.
Price was arraigned in the Town of Rockland Court and remanded to the Sullivan County Jail in lieu of $40,000 cash bail or $50,000 bond.
- 7 Men Abused by Priests with Hudson Valley Connections
- Cow Runs Wild Across Hudson Valley Street, Bridge
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Masturbated In Car, Asked Women If They ‘Approved’
- Oscar Winning Actress Spotted In the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Rape
- Two Teens Clinging to Rocks on Edge of Waterfall Rescued
The Hudson Valley restaurants with the most health code violations and a number of sentencings for some horrific crimes are in included this week's Top 5 local news stories