Plane Carrying Family of 4 Crash Lands in Hudson Valley
One person is in critical condition and three others injured after their plane crash-landed in the Hudson Valley.
On Friday around 2:40 p.m., a single-engine private plane crashed in a wooded area south of Maloney Road in the Town of Wappinger.
The plane, a Piper PA 46, was traveling from Ohio to Rhode Island when the pilot reported a low fuel emergency to flight control and then contacted the control tower at Hudson Valley Regional Airport, according to the Dutchess County Sheriff's Office.
The pilot attempted to make an emergency landing but crashed about a mile and a half east of the airport, police say.
Rescue personnel were able to locate the crash site and off-road utility vehicles from the Sheriff’s Office, State Police, New Hamburg Fire and East Fishkill Fire were deployed to transport personnel and equipment through the woods to the crash site.
The pilot, 50-year-old David Scott from Ohio, was extricated from the wreckage by firefighters. He was removed from the crash site by UTV and then transported to Westchester Medical Center by medevac helicopter due to his critical condition, police say.
His passengers, 50-year-old Tara Scott, 20-year-old Jocelyn Scott and 17-year-old Ryan Scott, all residents of Ohio, were removed from the crash site and transported to local hospitals by ambulance. Their conditions weren't released.
The Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office and the Federal Aviation Administration are continuing the investigation into the crash.
- Hudson Valley Mom Warns of Child Abduction Attempt at Supermarket
- PHOTOS: Billy Joel, Mariah Carey Hang Out In Lower Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Dog Found With Fecal Matter on Coat, Maggots In Nose
- Hudson Valley Man Killed While Trying To Walk Across I-87: Police
- Hudson Valley Applebee's Closed For Good
- Bear Seen Outside Hudson Valley Church
- 2 Beloved Hudson Valley Restaurants Close Down
- Hudson Valley Woman Dies Swimming Near Home
- Teen Nearly Killed After Falling 35 Feet into Swimming Hole
- Hudson Valley Couple Accused of Hate Crime in Chili’s Parking Lot
- Hudson Valley Woman Charged in $7 Million Health Care Scheme