Peeps Candy Company Shuts Down Production Due to Coronavirus
The candy company that manufactures Peeps has shut down production over concerns about the coronavirus.
The NY Daily News reports that Just Born, the company that manufactures Peeps, has shut down production for two weeks. Production has shut down because of the coronavirus pandemic. But don't freak out just yet, all Easter orders have been shipped to stores. So yes, you'll still be able to get your Peeps for Easter 2020.
In a statement on their website, Just Born said:
All of our PEEPS® have been produced and shipped to retailers for this upcoming Easter season. We do have inventory of MIKE AND IKE®, HOT TAMALES® and GOLDENBERG’S® PEANUT CHEWS® for the short term but may experience out of stocks on several individual items. We will continue to work with our retail partners to ensure that the fans of our brands can continue to enjoy them during this challenging time.
The Just Born factories and retail locations are set to be closed through April 7, 2020, as stated on their website.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie