Over 60,000 lbs of Beef Recalled Just Before Memorial Day
Over 60,000 lbs of raw beef has been recalled. These things happen, but why does it have to happen this weekend?
I can't think of a worse time to pitch a bunch of meat in the trash. It's Memorial Day weekend. This is the unofficial kick off of barbecue grilling season.
According to CNN.com, the USDA Food and Safety Inspection Service has recalled approximately 62,000 lbs of meat from the Aurora Packing Company out of Illinois because of possible E. Coli exposure. Though the company is based out of the Midwest their products are distributed nationally.
Different cuts from briskets, ribs, steaks and chuck are on the list of recalled meats.
Is it blasphemous to have turkey burgers for Memorial Day? Maybe some bacon? Maybe we can go all out and have tofu or fakin' bacon.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie