NY State Parks Are Looking For Lifeguards
If you thought you missed out one of the best summer jobs around, you’re in luck. If you’d love to spend your summer outdoors instead of being stuck in an office or warehouse, become a lifeguard! Imagine being outside, enjoying the beautiful weather, and helping people feel safe while they spend time with their family and friends.
The New York State Parks are looking for lifeguards for this summer and the lifeguards' exams are currently being held throughout the state and one of them is coming up this weekend in the Hudson Valley at the Monroe Woodbury Middle School this Saturday morning at 10:30.
While you can get all of the information needed to be a lifeguard at nysparks.com, here’s a few details to see if this is right for you. You must be at least 16 years of age, have current certifications in several American Red Class classes, and successfully complete the practical examination and any other training programs offered by the agency. In addition, a full criminal background check will be conducted.
You could spend your summer cooped up in an office or warehouse, or you could be outside all summer long making some money, and helping people feel safe.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie