Newburgh Man in Critical Condition as Police Search for Shooter
A Newburgh man suffered multiple gunshot wounds on Tuesday and is listed in critical condition in Westchester Medical Center. Police are asking for the public's assistance in locating the shooter.
On October 1, at approximately 7:48 p.m. the City of Newburgh received a Shot Spotter activation for the area of 143 N. Miller Street.
When officers arrived on scene they were advised that a male had been shot and had been transported by a vehicle to St. Luke’s Hospital.
The victim has been identified as 26-year-old City of Newburgh resident Jordan Myles.
Myles sustained gunshot wounds to his hip and neck. He was transported to Westchester Medical where he was listed in critical condition.
The investigation into the shooting of Mr. Myles is being handled by the Non-Fatal Shooting task force.
No further information is being released at this time. Anyone with information is urged to contact the City of Newburgh Police Department at (845) 561-3131.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie