Newburgh Cafe Vandalized, Young Man Steps Forward
What started as an unfortunate vandalism situation turned into a happy ending.
Earlier this week the Shelter House Cafe in Newburgh shared surveillance video from outside of their local business near Downing Park. The video showed a group of young boys walking on to the Shelter House Cafe patio, taking a chair and then throwing it into the pond.
The video has since been taken down. However, we reached out to the Shelter House Cafe owner, Stephen Sinnott, after the incident. He said "The young man and his family stepped forward and look forward towards working together in beautifying our community."
Sinnott shared the photo of their meeting on Instagram, which you can see below:
The Shelter House Cafe is opened Wednesday through Saturday from 9 am to 7 pm and Sunday for Brunch from 9 am until 3 pm.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie