Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum Adds New Exhibit
The Mid-Hudson Children's Museum in Poughkeepsie is celebrating an important day of American history with a brand new exhibit.
According to a press release, the Mid-Hudson Children's Museum will be commemorating the 50th anniversary of the moon landing of the Apollo 11 mission. To commemorate the historic moment, they are debuting an interactive space-themed exhibit. It will be at the entry of the upstairs Science Center at the Mid-Hudson Children's Museum gallery. An after-hours adult only reception will be held on Tuesday, July 16, from 5 p.m. through 6 p.m.
The exhibit was designed and installed by students in The Art Effect's chapter of the National Art Honor Society. The Art Effect is a non-profit that focuses on empowering students to develop their artistic voice to shape their futures and bring about positive change.
Nicole Fenichel-Hewitt, the Executive Director of The Art Effect, said, “We’re thrilled to have collaborated with the Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum on this project commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo mission. It’s a wonderful opportunity for our students to explore designing and installing dynamic exhibits that inspire wonder and creativity.”
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie