Man Fatally Hit By Car in Hudson Valley, Police Seek Help
Local police are hoping for answers after a man was fatally hit by a car while crossing the street in the Hudson Valley.
On Monday around 5:30 p.m., officers from the New Paltz Police Department responded to a report of a person lying in the road on Main Street near the intersection of Joalyn Road.
Officers found the man and began rendering medical attention.
An initial investigation indicates the man was hit by a car while trying to walk across Main Street and was knocked to the ground.
The unnamed person was taken to a local hospital where he died from his injuries.
The New Paltz Police Department is asking anyone who may have witnessed this incident to call the New Paltz Police Department at 845-255-1323. All calls will be kept confidential.
Police didn't release details about the man who was hit or the car who hit him.
The New Paltz Police Department was assisted at the scene by New Paltz Fire Department and New Paltz Rescue Squad.
- Burger King: Cockroach Found in Burger Was Act of Revenge
- Cuomo Receives Most Votes For Governor In New York History
- Who Won the Hudson Valley? Cuomo or Molinaro?
- 2018 Hudson Valley Election Results
- Hudson Valley Teacher Accused of Removing Political Signs
- Hudson Valley Man Finds Cockroach in Fast-Food Burger
- 3 Shot, 2 Killed Saturday Night in the Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Stars in #1 Movie in The World
- Deer Causes Fatal Accident On Palisades Parkway, Woman Killed