Major TV Provider In The Hudson Valley Drops CBS Network
If you have this TV provider, you probably noticed that CBS network has been dropped from the channel list.
A disgruntled friend brought it to my attention that CBS Network has been dropped from DirectTV. When they went to look for recordings of a show they watch that airs on Sundays, they noticed it wasn't there. Looking into it more, they saw CBS wasn't even on the channel guide any more.
According to CBS News, DirectTV and CBS had a business dispute that caused the blackout. CBS was blacked out on satellite systems owned by AT&T in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, and 14 other major cities across the U.S. The dispute was over what you probably assumed: price.
CBS News reports that CBS didn't want customers to be caught in the middle but is determined to get a fair value. AT&T's rebuttal said that CBS is "a repeat blackout offender" and has done this before to other providers.
Are you affected by the CBS blackout on DirectTV? Comment below or on our Facebook to let us know how this has affected you.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie