Major Development Coming To Hyde Park Across From The CIA
Bellefield at Historic Hyde Park is a massive new development that will change the complexion of the Route 9 corridor directly across the street from the Culinary Institute of America.
The development will sit on 340 acres and will feature a mixture of residential, commercial and hospitality. At the core of the project is a 48-acre working farm which will promote sustainability. Developers plan to embrace the local history and ecology and will leave as much as 50% of the property undeveloped and wooded.
More than 500 residences are part of the project and each unique home will feature solar and geothermal energy options and will be built with eco-friendly building materials. The plan is to build brownstone-style homes as well as loft apartments and detached cottages.
The plan also includes two hotels, shops and restaurants along with a village green. The project will be built in multiple phases over several years and ground has been broken.
There are some concerns that traffic will be an issue, as of now there are no plans to widen Route 9.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie