Hudson Valley Teen Drowns in Creek
A Hudson Valley teen tragically lost his life in a local creek. On Tuesday around 11:45 a.m., members of the Ulster County Sheriff's Office responded to the area of 18 Bruceville Road in the Town of Marbletown for a water emergency.
Deputies were told by people at the scene that a teenager had been underwater for several minutes.
Deputies attempted to locate the swimmer before the arrival of the In-Water Rescue Team. Members of Ulster Hose and deputies recovered the young man approximately 40 minutes after the original 911 call, police say.
Christopher Pelaez, 17, of Wallkill was transported to Health Alliance of the Hudson Valley, Broadway Campus. However, EMS and hospital medical personnel were unable to revive him.
The 17-year-old was pronounced deceased at the hospital. The cause of his drowning death is under investigation.
- Hudson Valley Teen Drowns in Creek
- Police Warn After 'Predicate Sex Offender' Moves to Ulster County
- Hudson Valley Family Loses Everything in Fire, Help Needed
- 7-Story Building Collapses in Poughkeepsie, People Likely Trapped
- How To Avoid Deadly Brain-Eating Parasite
- Man Shot and Killed by Police in Hudson Valley
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Fondled Self at Kohl's in Front of Kids
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Pinched Child's Buttocks at Marshall's
- Hudson Valley Firefighters Deliver Baby Girl
- Weed May Soon Be Legal in New York State
- Hudson Valley Girl Is Fastest Girl in U.S. History