Hudson Valley Movie Theater Closing This Week
A struggling Hudson Valley mall is closing another one of its businesses this week.
The Daily Freeman is reporting that the Regal Cinemas at the Hudson Valley Mall will be closings their doors for good this Thursday, August 16th.
Earlier this spring it was announced that after 40 years of service Regal Cinemas in Kingston would be closing on August 31st and was looking for a new tenant to fill the empty space.
Coles Doyle, the marketing director for Hull Property Group which owns the mall, told the Freeman back in April that they were in the middle of negotiation to bring another theater into the space. However, no deal was reached.
A sign that reads "Sorry. Closing August 16th" is taped on the front doors of the theater according the the Daily Freeman.
Stores like, Sears, JcPenny and Macy's have all closed in the past few years and have remained vacant.
There are still movie times listed until Wednesday for movies such as Mission Impossible, Dog Days, Mama Mia, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and 8th Grade.
What do you think will become of the Hudson Valley mall? Would you fill it with new stores or start all over?
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie