Hudson Valley Man Stabbed To Death on July 4th
A Hudson Valley man was killed on the Fourth of July.
On Wednesday around 1:50 a.m., City of Poughkeepsie 911 received a call reporting a stabbing at a home on Hoffman Avenue.
Responding officers found a 25-year-old City of Poughkeepsie resident stabbed once in the chest, police say. The victim was transported to Mid Hudson Regional Hospital where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Following an investigation, Michael R. Baker, 30, of Poughkeepsie was charged with second-degree murder. He's being held pending his arraignment.
An autopsy is being conducted by the Dutchess County Medical Examiner’s Office. The name of the
victim hasn't been released at this time.
- 1 Killed, Many Hurt After High-Speed Chase in Hudson Valley
- 4 Nearly Struck By Lightning Celebrating July 4th in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Stabbed To Death on July 4th
- Search is on For Missing Hudson Valley Endangered Adult
- Police: Hudson Valley Man Tried To Kill Person at Popular Bar
- Hudson Valley Corrections Officer Charged With Assault
- Woman Hit, Killed By Train in Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Prostitution Sting Leads to 7 Arrests
- Police: N.Y. State Trooper Killed by Suicidal School Principal