Hudson Valley Man Beaten by 3 With Motorcycle Helmet, Police Say
A Hudson Valley man suffered multiple broken bones after he was viciously beaten by allegedly three men with a motorcycle helmet.
On Wednesday around 11:40 a.m., Ellenville police responded to a 911 call reporting a victim of an assault at an apartment on Mill Street.
Officers talked with the victim and determined that the victim was attacked by two or three people, police say.
The unnamed victim was transported to Ellenville Hospital and treated for broken bones.
Detectives from the Ulster County Sheriff's Office responded to the location as well. A preliminary investigation revealed the victim was involved in a dispute with a neighbor, officials say.
Shortly after the dispute, three men arrived at the victim's apartment, bludgeoned him with a motorcycle helmet and punched him multiple times, according to the Ulster County Sheriff's Office.
Detectives found the alleged primary suspect Wednesday afternoon at a convenience store in the Town of Wawarsing. 31-year-old Lubin C. Castano of Wawarsing was charged with assault, a felony.
He was remanded to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $15,000 cash bail or $30,000 secured bond.
- Multiple Tornadoes Touch Down in Hudson Valley
- Traveler Exposes Hudson Valley To Highly Contagious Disease
- Fatal Accident Shuts Down 84 For Hours
- Hudson Valley Woman Helps Delay Vote on Brett Kavanaugh
- 'Armed & Dangerous' Hudson Valley Shooter Robs Store: Police
- High-Risk Sex Offender Kills Emergency Housing Employee
- Hudson Valley Woman Forced 2 Girls Into Prostitution
- Hudson Valley Woman Rescued After Car Lands In Creek