Hudson Valley Chef Selected As Nationwide Young Chef Competition Semifinalist
A chef from Dutchess County is one of five selected in the United States for a prestigious competition.
PR Newswire reports that the semifinalists have been named for the S.Pellegrino Young Chef Competition. Of the 2,400 chefs who submitted to enter the contest, five semifinalists were selected. One of the ten total semifinalists is from the Hudson Valley.
Jenny Dorsey, of Studio ATAO but from Beacon, is the chef from the Hudson Valley who was selected. Dorsey had to submit a signature dish that was then evaluated by experts from ALMA, the leading international school of Italian cuisine. According to PR Newswire, the expert judged dishes based on technical skills, creativity, and a point of view on the ways in which gastronomy can influence positive societal change.
The ten semifinalists, from the U.S. and Canada, will compete in November to move on to the global finale in June 2020, according to PR Newswire. One chef will be chosen from the group of ten by a panel of judges.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie