Hudson Valley Casting Call: College Age Women Sought For Movie
A 'psychological thriller' being shot in Poughkeepsie is looking for college-age women for a full day of work. The feature film Shirley will be on location at Vassar College Thursday and is interested in hearing from you if you fit the part.
The movie stars Elizabeth Moss (Madmen, The Handmaid's Tale) and Michael Stuhlbarg (Boardwalk Empire, Fargo) and is being directed by Josephine Decker. Hollywood Reporter confirms the movie will tell the story of famed horror author Shirley Jackson. The on-screen couple played by Moss and Stuhlbarg invite another couple to live with them, who are terrorized and become the inspiration for Jackson's next horror novel.
Anyone interested in being part of the production should email firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'VASSAR' in the subject line. Please include a photo in your email.
According to IMDB, the real-life Shirley Jackson was born in 1916 and is considered to be one of the best horror and mystery writers of all time. Several of her novels and short stories have been adapted for film including The Lottery (1996) and The Haunting (1999).
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie