Domestic Dispute Victim Attacked While Showering, Police Say
An Ulster County man is facing felony charges following a domestic dispute.
On April 4, at approximately 7:38 a.m. Saugerties Police were dispatched to 884 Route 212 for a reported domestic dispute.
Following an invvestigation, it was determined that Zachery C. Burns, 31, of Saugerties ripped a shower curtain down, then physically attacked the victim who was showering.
At the time of the domestic dispute, there was an active no-harassment order of protection in place that had been filed against Burns on behalf of the victim resulting from a prior physical dispute.
Burns was arrested and charged with criminal contempt of a court order first-degree (felony), and harrassment second-degree. He was arrigned and remanded to Ulster County Jail in lieu of $15,000 cash bail.
Burns is scheduled to return to court at a later date.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie