Cops: Hudson Valley Teacher, Coach Had Sex With Minor For Months
A Hudson Valley teacher and coach is accused of having a sexual relationship with a minor for several months.
On Wednesday, the Columbia County Sheriff's Office charged 23-year-old Christopher MacArthur of Claverack with criminal contempt and tampering with a witness.
MacArthur was previously arrested on April 8, by the Columbia County Sheriff’s Office and charged with criminal sexual act for allegedly having a sexual relationship with a person younger than 17.
At the time of his arrest in April, he was a substitute teacher for the Taconic Hills School District and was the varsity volleyball coach, police say.
During this investigation, it was determined MacArthur contacted the victim from his prior arrest and attempted to meet with that person at an undisclosed location violating an Order of Protection issued to him during his original arraignment on April 8, police say.
Police are not releasing the age or gender of the victim.
- Potentially Explosive Devices Placed Near Local Supermarket, Mall
- Beloved Restaurant Owner, Community Activist Killed by Police
- Grand Jury: Drunk Hudson Valley Teen Kills 1 Seriously Injures 3
- Cops: Hudson Valley Teacher, Coach Had Sex With Minor For Months
- ICE Arrests 31 in New York State, 6 in Hudson Valley