Christopher Columbus Replica Ship Gets Trapped in NY
Just weeks after many celebrated Columbus Day, a replica of the Santa Maria ship got stuck on a sandbar near the Hudson River.
Christopher Columbus is a very decisive name these days. Many Americans love him and credit him with the discovery with the new world. Others despise him and blame him for murder and would love to replace the holiday to celebrate Indigenous People's Day.
According to the New York Post, police boats responded to a call regarding a replica of the Santa Maria ship that Columbus used on his expedition being trapped on a sand bar on the East River. The Santa Maria was in the city celebrating the 525th anniversary.
The ship was only stuck for about an hour before returning to a port in Brooklyn.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie