Are Re-Usable Bags Making Checkout Lines Longer?
With everyone using their single re-usable bag at grocery stores are the lines getting longer?
You've got to admit that it's a legitimate question.
Just when you thought checking out at large stores in the Hudson Valley couldn't get any longer. We might have actually accomplished that. Before the plastic bag ban, we had a pretty easy system. You'd out your items on the counter, the clerk would then check your items and then quickly put them in a bag or two.
Now many shoppers are approaching the lines with one re-usable bag. Who bags it? Does the cashier bag? Do you bag it? Then, inevitably one of you can't fit everything inside so you sit there and fumble around and playing Tetris with your groceries. If someone has to buy bags that'll tack on even more time.
Have you experienced longer wait time in the checkout line since the plastic bag ban?
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie