Ulster County Mom Gets New Pair of Handcuffs For Mother’s Day
An Ulster County woman was arrested after police say she left her five children home alone all weekend.
On Saturday, May, 12, at approximately 11:43 p.m. Saugerties Police responded to a residence for a welfare check on five children, who were reportedly left alone without adult supervision.
Investigating officers located and interviewed a family member, who stated that the mother had left home around 1:00 a.m. Saturday morning, and had not be seen or heard from since.
The five children, ages 14 years, 9 years,6 years,3 years, and 1 year were all turned over to Child Protective Services while police were conducting their investigation.
The mother, Rebeca Hernandez, age 31 returned to her home at 06:18 p.m. (roughly 41 hours after leaving, for those keeping track) to awaiting officers, who took her into custody.
Hernandez was charged with five counts of Endangering the Welfare of a Child. Hernandez was released with appearance tickets. She is due back in court at a later date.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie