Two Hudson Valley Sex Offenders Arrested
Two sex offenders from the Hudson Valley were arrested.
On Friday, the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office arrested 50-year-old Stephen H. Mackey on an arrest warrant for failing to register as a sex offender, a felony.
Mackey failed to register after he was released from jail and then failed to notify authorities when he moved to Schenectady, police say.
He was picked up by the City of Schenectady Police Department on Friday during a traffic stop.
Also on Friday, members of the Kingston Police Department’s Detective Division found and arrested 49-year-old Guy R. Rao of Kingston.
Rao is also accused of not registering as a sex offender. He was charged with failure to register as a sex offender, a felony.
- DA: Hudson Valley Man Left Murder Victim’s Corpse in Planter
- Group Alleges Hudson Valley Officer Used Excessive Force [VIDEO]
- 2 Killed In Roll-Over Crash in Hudson Valley
- Elderly Hudson Valley Couple Killed in ATV Accident
- Heroic Hudson Valley Man Stopped New York City Terror Attack
- Police: Large Bear Seen Roaming the Streets of the Hudson Valley
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley