Tornadoes, Severe Weather Possible in Hudson Valley Today
Hudson Valley residents are being warned that there is a possibility for some severe weather conditions today.
The Weather Channel says severe thunderstorms are likely this afternoon. The scattered storms could produce strong wind, hail, flash flooding and even some isolated tornadoes.
While thunderstorms could happen at any time today, they are most likely to occur during the afternoon into early evening. The Hudson Valley is classified as having the "best chance" for storms.
Meteorologists are concerned that the line of potential storms could produce "line segments" which causes extremely strong wind bursts. A similar storm produced several tornadoes that touched down in the Hudson Valley this May. A macroburst of wind during that storm devastated the City of Newburgh and areas of Southern Dutchess County.
It's impossible to know for sure if today's storms will prove to be as dangerous as the one from this spring, but the potential for severe damage is there. Stay tuned to 101.5 WPDH for live weather alerts and be sure you download the free WPDH mobile app and enable weather alerts for the latest info.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie