Stealing Pills From Your Friend Gets You Arrested, Who Knew?
An Ulster County woman learned how close her friend paid attention to her pill count, after she allegedly took a few for herself.
Of course this would happen in the one town in New York that might as well be called the state of Florida, Saugerties, N.Y.
On July, 11, 2018, Saugerties Police arrested Lydia Volpe, 58, of Staatsburgh, N.Y. follwing an investigation into stolen medications from a Saugerties resident.
Volpe was visiting her friend's house in Saugerties when she allegedly stole six pills from a prescription bottle she located in her friend's home.
Volpe reportedly stole 6 Oxycodone-Acetaminophen pills.
Volpe was arrested and processed at Saugerties Police headquarters on the charge of petit larceny.
Volpe was released on an appearance ticket and is scheduled to return to court at a later date.
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Were Invented in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie