Stay at a Haunted Hotel in Sullivan County
It's never too early to get into the Halloween spirit. Speaking of spirits, you may just run into one during this Hudson Valley ghost tour.
A few weeks go I found a great website that opened my eyes to weekly ghost tours in Dutchess County. Every Friday night you can take a haunted history tour of Beekman Arms in Rhinebeck.
Sullivan County is in on the haunting game too.
The Burn Brae Mansion in Glen Spey is now offering weekly tours of their "haunted" mansion. The home, which was the home of George Ross MacKenzie President of the Singer Sewing Machine company,has been recently restored for it's 100th anniversary.
Burn Brae has hosted many paranormal investigations and has even appeared on the hit show Ghost Hunters on SYFY.
Reported activity range from apparitions floating above the bed to children laughing to sightings of men and women in period garb and sightings of dark shadow figures.
The Burn Brae Mansion is opened year round for over night stays. If you're brave enough to book a stay, you may want to book a personal ghost tour that takes you to the Attic of Curiosities.
Are you brave enough?
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie