Starbucks Officially Says ‘No More Plastic Straws’
Have you been noticing that restaurants and retailers have been doing away with plastic straws? Over the last few weeks, we have been sharing with you information about places that are saying 'no more' to plastic straws because of their impact on the environment and wildlife.
Starbucks announced over the weekend that by the year 2020 all of their locations will have stopped using plastic straws. They guess that by doing this they will have kept over 1 billion straws out of landfills and waterways.
By making this change, Starbucks also has to change how they serve their products. You will notice the introduction of what they are sort of referring to as the 'sippy cup' lid, which will reduced the need for a straw. For beverages that still need a straw, they will have a water soluble, compostable option.
Do you need a straw to drink your to-go beverage?
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie