Sobriety Checkpoints Will Be in Place for Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day weekend is almost here and with it comes the last hurrah of summer, having some fun before school starts and new schedules take over your life. Parties and barbecues can be a big thing this coming weekend, great food, fun, and probably an adult beverage or two. However you decide to celebrate, we ask just one thing, please don't drink and drive.
Make a plan before you start drinking, have a designated driver, call a taxi, find out if your location has a community sober ride program, and if you see a drunk driver on the road, call the police, you could help save a life.
The NY State Police will be increasing patrols to crack down on drunk and drugged driving as well as any other traffic violations. These Sobriety Checkpoints, and other means of special enforcement efforts, to help keep our roadways safe this holiday weekend is already underway and will continue through Monday, September 3.
By all means, enjoy your long, holiday weekend, but please be smart and don’t drink and drive. Your life and the lives of those you love may depend on it.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie