Scenic Rail Bike Rides Now Offered in the Hudson Valley
You can now ride bikes across historic railroad tracks in the Hudson Valley.
Tickets are now on sale as Rail Explorers will begin operating their New York division during Memorial day weekend.
Rail Explorers created non-motorized bikes that ride the rails in the Hudson Valley, offering riders amazing views.
“What they are doing is pedaling along the existing rails from the Catskill Mountain Railroad,” Ulster County Tourism Director Richard Remsnyder told the Hartford Courant. “It’s a beautiful scenic ride."
Each 8-mile round trip rail ride, with electric pedal assistance, runs alongside the Esopus Creek from the village of Phoenicia.
"Experience the magic of the historic Ulster & Delaware Railroad as you travel alongside the Esopus Creek through the beautiful woods of the Catskill Mountains," Rail Explorers said. "Bring a snack and a drink to enjoy at our creekside turnaround."
According to Rail Explorers, the rides are child-friendly and pet-friendly.
A tandem ride, which holds two people, costs $85. A ride with up to four costs $150. To book CLICK HERE. Parking and check in for all tours is located at 70 Lower High St in Phoenicia.
Reservations are recommended in advance as there is limited cell phone service in the area.
- Retired Police Lieutenant From Hudson Valley Raped 2 Relatives
- Hudson Valley Walmart Undergoing Big Changes
- Former Hudson Valley Doctor Accused of Stealing Nearly $1 Million
- Teacher From Hudson Valley Found Dead in School, 2 Charged
- Mother Who Killed 4 Kids Moves to Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Man Sexually Abused Child He Babysat
- Hudson Valley Man Killed in Apparent Hit-And-Run On Interstate 84
- Hudson Valley Family’s Dog Found After 1.5 Years
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley